- 0,00 SEK
Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
An innovative multifunctional descender developed to meet the demands of the most technical rope access and rescue specialists. The patented internal mechanism combines with robust hot-forged construction and advanced ergonomics for exceptional control even with heavy loads (up to 250 kg for two person scenarios). In addition to its primary function as a descender, the Giant is also certified for use as a fall arrest device (i.e. during rope transfers), as an ascender with smooth upward glide, and as a belay device for climbing, making it the most widely certi ed rope tool of its kind. The actuating lever features an anti-panic system that locks the rope and arrests the descent in case of excessive pressure on the lever by the user as well as an extra lock off position so the worker does not have to tie off the device. An external button can be used to hold the cam open allowing the rope to slide easily in situations with limited or no load. The device can be opened to insert or remove the rope without removing the carabiner (this helps prevent the possibility of dropping the device). The logical circular rope path along with clear internal and external markings makes installation of the rope simple and intuitive.
- EN 12841:2006 Type C: descender on working line, max 250 kg with semi-static rope EN 1891 Typ A 11-11,5 mm and max 210 kg with semi-static rope EN 1891 Typ A 10-10,9 mm.
- EN 12841:2006 Type B: ascender on working line, max 250 kg with semi-static rope EN 1891 Typ A 11-11,5 mm and max 210 kg with semi-static rope EN 1891 Typ A 10-10,9 mm.
- EN 12841:2006 Type A: fall arrester on safety line, max 120 kg.
- EN 341:2011 Typ 2 Class A as a rescue and evacuation descender for 10.5 mm semi-static rope (Iridium 10.5 mm) for loads up to 200 kg.
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4:2013 as a rescue and evacuation descender for 11 mm semi-static rope (Iridium 11 mm).
- EN 15151-1:2012 for climbing structures using mountaineering techniques with dynamic ropes ranging from 9.9 to 11 mm.